DETROIT, Mich. - Mingle with the Detroit Lions players, coaches, and alumni at the 4th annual Taste of the Lions.
- 1 cup Bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 lemon, zest, and juice reserved
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. dill, roughly chopped
- 2 T. mint, roughly chopped
- 3 T. parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 T. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- .5 cup peas, blanched if fresh, or use frozen
- .25 cup capers
- 3 T. sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 2 T. Za'atar spice, plus 1 tsp. for garnish
- Dollop Lebneh
- 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1bsp toasted pine nuts
- Mix lamb with spices and marinate overnight. Brown and cook the lamb through.
- Crumble the mixture and set aside. Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add Bulgur wheat to water and cover, let sit for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix all salad ingredients together, let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator (overnight is ideal).
- Top salad mixture with the cooled ground lamb.
- Garnish with 1 tsp. of Za’ atar spice, dollop lebneh, olive oil, and pine nuts.
For more information, click here.