Dating after a divorce can be tricky and awkward -- but also rewarding. Attorney and counselor Sabrina Shaheen Cronin joined us on The Nine to give us the do's and don'ts of dating after a split.
The Top 10 Dos and Don'ts for Dating Parents after Divorce:
1. DO make sure you are ready, emotionally and mentally.
2. DO make sure you've done the work on yourself that you need to.
3. DO let the children know they come first.
4. DO tell a new person in your life about your children right away.
5. DON'T introduce children to a love interest until the relationship becomes serious.
6. DO schedule initial dates on days when the children are with the other parent.
7. DO make sure you vet dates to make sure you are always safe and sound.
8. DO use your discretion when deciding to share your new dating life with your children.
9. DO be respectful toward your ex when developing a new relationship.
10. DON'T let your new mate take the place of the other parent's role.
11. DO trust your instincts.