(WJBK) - The Downtown Boxing Gym in downtown Detroit is giving youth people a place to grow, feel safe and thrive. The gym is holding a fundraiser this Friday night to help give the kids the tools they need the most. The fundraiser is at Dino's M Brew in Ferndale from 6-10 p.m. A cost of $25 gets you in, and you'll get a meal and beer.
VIDEO: Dean Bach, owner of M-Brew, and former Detroit Lion Dominic Raiola join us on The Nine to talk about the event. Dean also shows us how to prepare autumn braised chicken. You can find that recipe below.
For more information, visit www.m-brew.net.
AUTUMN BRAISED CHICKEN
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
3 Tblsp. Jerk seasoning
1/2 cup Red Onion diced
1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
1 Whole Smoked Red Bell Pepper (smoking not necessary)
16 ounces (pint) of Pumpkin Spice Ale
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (bake).
- Trim and split chicken breast into 2 pieces.
- Rub chicken with Jerk spices and let sit for 10 minutes (or longer) to absorb flavors.
- Add all ingredients to a small(1/2 size)/deep hotel or roasting pan.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Slow bake for 2.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from pan and pull apart with "2 fork method".
- Strain renderings from roasting pan.
- Add 4 ounces of rendering to pulled chicken as a finishing sauce.