(WJBK) - Just like with children, it’s important to keep all medications away from our pets. Dogs in particular have an incredible sense of smell and can get into substances that can be toxic to them. Ibuprofen and Xylitol, found in sugarless gum, can be toxic to dogs. Tylenol can be toxic to cats. With more people using medical marijuana, we’re seeing a rise in dogs at emergency clinics with marijuana toxicity, which can be fatal if not treated immediately. The best advice is to keep all medications in a safe place away from your pets just as with children. This week's pet is "Polo," he's a 9-to-10 year old Yorkshire Terrier. For adoption information contact the Grosse Pointe Animal Adoption Society at 313-884-1551, or www.gpaas.org.