(WJBK) - You can give the gift of experience this holiday season with Treetops Resort in Gaylord. Gaylord Tourism Director Sandy Mattingly joins us in studio to tell us some of the upcoming experiences available. Chef Gabe Bober also joins us to prepare the resort's beer, steak and blue cheese crostini. You can find his recipe below.
For more information on these experiences, or to reserve a Treetops Resort Getaway any time of year, visit www.treetops.com or call (888) TREETOPS.
TREETOPS RESORT BEER, STEAK & BLUE CHEESE CROSTINI
- The cut of beef used for this can be changed for your preference however we used a filet that we shaved very thin and marinated in a Michigan amber ale overnight with a pinch of salt
- Slice a French baguette placing one small slice of beef on each piece
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and bake at 350 until cheese has melted
- Remove from oven
- We made a vinaigrette using the same beer from above and simply used a squeeze bottle to top all the crostini lightly with our vinaigrette
- Lastly we garnished with minced green onion and garlic
For a fun alternate, if you wanted to place out several flavors of crostini for your holiday party, top some of your baguettes with a cilantro heavy pico de gallo and a demi glaze.