(WJBK) - A new restaurant is getting ready to open on MacRay Harbor in Harrison Township. North 42 boats seafood, sunshine and sports. They're opening Wednesday, May 25.
Their executive chef and mixologist joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to give us a preview of their menu. Their salmon and martini recipes are below. You can get more information at www.macray.com, and reservations can be made by calling (586) 468-1900.
SALMONE CON CAVOLO
We use Bay of Fundy Salmon
1 ½ oz of olive oil
1tsp + 2 pinches of a 7-pepper blend seasoning mixed with Kosher Salt
4oz power blend kale mix
1. Heat 1oz oil over medium high burner
2. Season salmon with ½ tsp of 42 Special seasoning per side
3. Saute in pan for two minutes per side.
4. Place salmon in 425 degree oven for approximately 5-6 minutes or an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
5. While salmon is cooking, place ½ oz oil in clean sauté pan over medium high heat.
6. Place 4oz power blend kale mix into pan and season with two pinches of 42 Special seasoning. Toss until heated.
7. Place kale mix in bowl. Remove salmon from oven and place over kale mix.
Lemon Butter Sauce:
1 tsp minced garlic
1 ½ oz white wine
2oz beurre blanc (butter sauce)
½ fresh lemon, juiced
1tsp capers, drained
1oz artichokes, rough chop
1. Heat oil over medium high burner
2. Add garlic and sauté until tender, do not brown
3. Add white wine to deglaze the pan
4. Add beurre blanc
5. Squeeze lemon over pan
6. Add capers and artichokes and stir
7. Pour sauce gently over salmon
Key Lime Pie Martini
1 1/2 oz Vanilla Vodka
1 1/2 oz of Liquor 43
1 oz of Half & Half
Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Shake all ingredients together in and pour into a Graham Cracker rimmed glass