(WJBK) - This recipe for pan roasted chicken comes courtesy of Keri Winne, director of the kitchen and bakery, and co-founder and owner Steve Selvaggio.
Pan Roasted Chicken
- 4 bone in local, Amish chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, enough to cover bottom of pan
1. Preheat oven to 475..
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat oil in cast iron or nonstick, ovensafe pan until the oil just begins to smoke.
4. Place chicken thighs skin side down and cook 23 minutes. Reduce heat to medium high and cook a few more minutes until fat renders off and skin is golden brown.
5. Remove chicken from heat, and blot off excess oil. Place pan with chicken in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Flip chicken thighs over and cook another 57 minutes until the internal temperature is 150.
- 1T olive oil
- t salt and . t pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1 T butter
1. Remove chicken and any leftover oil from pan.
2. Slowly drizzle in olive oil over mediumhigh heat. Add shallots and mushrooms. Cook down shallots and mushrooms until they begin to soften.
3. Deglaze by adding white wine and chicken stock. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
4. Remove from heat. Finish by stirring in butter and fresh parsley. Pour finished sauce over chicken.
- 0.5 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 0.5 red onion
- 1 apple (Fuji or similar)
- 2T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt and 1.2 t pepper
1. Chop cauliflower. slice brussels sprouts in half. julienne onions. and slice apples (leave skin on).
2. Toss all ingredients in a bowl with oil and salt and pepper.
3. Roast in oven 400. for 15-20 minutes or until golden and caramelized.