This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Jeff Krulikowski from Michigan Beer Company in Novi. For more information on the restaurant, visit www.mibeerco.com
Citrus Brined Pork Chop with Pickled Peach and Blueberry BBQ Sauce
4 cups water
½ cup salt
¼ cup sugar
6 cloves of garlic
1 bunch parsley
1. Halve all of the citrus and squeeze juice into water.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients and place on stove. Bring to boil.
3. Cool brine completely and pour over pork chop. Allow to sit for at least hours and up to 48 hours.
2 cups sugar.
1 cinnamon stick
2 quarts white balsamic vinegar
2 pounds peaches
1. In a sauce pan, mix sugar and cinnamon stick and melt. Cook until caramel forms.
2. Add in vinegar and continue to cook until sugar redisolves completely.
3. Pour hot vinegar mixture over peaches and cool at room temperature.
Peach and Blueberry BBQ Sauce
1 Yellow Onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup Molasses
½ cup Brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Hot sacue
1 bottle Amber Ale
2 cups pickled peaches
1 pint blueberries
1. In a saucepan, sweat down garlic and shallots in oil.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and cook down for about an hour until flavors are incorporated fully.
3. Puree ingredients together in a blender.