(WJBK) - Crispelli's Bakery and Pizzeria in West Bloomfield is celebrating its second anniversary this month. Owner Joe Morelli and Executive Chef Shawn Wright joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to share a few recipes with us, which you can find below.
For more information on Crispelli's, visit www.crispellis.com.
ASIAN MARINATED SALMON
2# Salmon fillet
½ cup Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
3 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoons ginger, minced
2 Tablespoons Sambal chili paste
¼ cup honey
1 cup Hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 large cedar plank
Method of preparation
1. Presoak cedar plank for 2 hours in water.
2. In a medium sized bowl add all the ingredients expect for the salmon. With a whisk, stir until fully combined.
3. Next add the salmon to the bowl and fully cover with marinade. Marinate the salmon for at least 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the salmon on the presoaked cedar plank. Season with a pinch of salt. Place in oven directly on rack and cook until final temperature of 145 degrees.
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- cook on a cooking stone or sheet tray
- cook time will vary on oven , approx 7 - 8 minutes ( until golden brown )
- 8 oz dough ball or an 11 - 12 inch pre-spread dough crust
- 2 1/2 oz. pizza sauce
- 3 1/2 oz. whole milk fresh mozzarella cheese
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- olive oil
- 1 oz. pepperoni ( optional )