(WJBK) - Montage Grill is a newer restaurant in Clawson that focuses on fresh, Mediterranean-style cuisine.
Their focus is on fresh food from around the region with favorites like gyro and chicken picatta, along with more unique signature dishes, like their Montage Burger (a lamb & beef blend topped with feta aioli), Moroccan Meatballs, and an artichoke & feta dip. Desserts, soups, and salad dressings are made in-house as well.
Leta Chrisman and Cynthia Lampos from the restaurant joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about their food, and to give us a sample. You can get their recipe for Easy Breezy Mediterranean Shrimp below.
You can get more information on the restaurant at www.montagegrill.com.
Easy Breezy Mediterranean Shrimp
- 2 dozen large (16/20 count) shrimp, peeled & deveined, tail on
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or red onion
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup white port
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet with enough oil to cover the bottom until very hot (oil should simmer but not smoke). Add the shrimp and allow to cook until the flesh begins to turn opaque. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, turn over, and cook through.
- Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Add garlic and shallot to skillet, stirring, until they are fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with lime juice, scraping up any browned bits. Add the shrimp back to the pan. Pour the port into the pan.
- Tilt the skillet to allow the alcohol to ignite.
- Let the flames burn down, swirling the pan gently. Add the butter, stirring to melt.
- Simmer gently until the sauce begins to reduce, 1-2 minutes.
Serve over rice or pasta.