(WJBK) - CPC Grille is a restaurant run by students - but you'd never know it.
The CPC Grille is part of the Warren Consolidated Schools' Career Prep Center's culinary program. CPC Grille is a full-service restaurant open to the public. They'll begin service again in mid-December. You can get more information on their Facebook page here.
CPC Grill instructor Jennifer Dulecki and chef-in-training Emiliano Qoli joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about their program, and to show us a sample of their food. You can get their pumpkin ravioli recipe below.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting Optional: semolina for dusting)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. semolina flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix together flour, salt (optional: add semolina flour).
- Add eggs until mixed.
- Add olive oil in until moistened crumbs form.
- Turn crumbs onto a flour (semolina or all purpose) dusted work surface and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap until use.
- Flatten the dough, dust lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough through a hand-cranked pasta machine at the widest setting.
- Roll the dough through at narrower settings, 2 per setting until it is thin enough to see your hand through it.
- Lay the dough out on a lightly floured surface, use a cutter or knife to make the shapes.
- Add filling and use an egg wash to stick the pieces together and press with a fork.
- Boil finished pasta in water until it is al dente. Optional: sauté lightly in butter after boiled.
THE GREAT PUMPKIN RAVIOLI FILLING
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup small diced onion
- ½ cup small diced carrots
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast pumpkin pieces with salt, garlic, allspice, cloves and cinnamon tossed in olive oil. Puree the roasted pumpkin without the skin. Optional: Use a can of pumpkin puree.
- Sautee onion and carrot in butter.
- Add pumpkin puree.
- Add in parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in ravioli sheets for cooking.