(WJBK) - The bakery Love & Buttercream has made quite a name for itself in Royal Oak in the past four years, and their second location just opened up in Birmingham. The new location is at 15 Mile and Woodward.
One of the bakery's specialties is custom cakes, but they also have several kinds of egg-free truffles inside the shop. Owner Brooke Wilson Vitale and manager Megan Friedrich joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the truffles, and to share a recipe with us.
You can watch in the video player above, and get their recipe for egg-free cookie dough truffles below.
For more information on Love and Buttercream, visit www.loveandbuttercream.com.
LOVE & BUTTERCREAM'S EGG-FREE COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
- Flour- 4 1/2 Cups
- Baking soda-2 tsp.
- Salt-2 tsp.
- Butter-2 C
- Sugar-1 1/2 C
- Vanilla-2 tsp.
- Milk- 2/3 C
- Mini Chocolate Chips- 2 2/3 C
- Chocolate for Drizzling
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Warm Milk to room temperature or a LITTLE warmer, and set aside.
- Beat room temperature Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add warm milk,then add dry ingredients in 2 additions, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Add mini chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Allow dough to rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Scoop dough using a portion scoop, and place onto a sheet tray covered with wax or parchment paper. Shape dough into balls.
- Warm chocolate, and drizzle over top. Enjoy!