(WJBK) - The Lodge Diner at the Motor City Casino is offering some great fall and holiday dishes right now.
Chef Julia Szabelsi and Maria Dallas joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about their dishes, and to give us a taste of their seafood pot. You can get their recipe below.
The Lodge Diner is open daily 24 hours. For more information on The Lodge Diner, visit www.motorcitycasino.com/lodgediner.
MOTORCITY CASINO HOTEL SEAFOOD POT
- 1 snow crab cluster
- 4 jumbo fresh scallops
- 4 8/12 count peeled & deveined shrimp
- 5 mussels
- 5 little neck clams (washed)
- 5 fingerling potatoes, washed
- 1 corn on the cob, cut in half
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups white wine seafood broth (recipe below)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
Seafood broth recipe
- 1/2 c white wine
- 2 1/2 c seafood broth (clam juice)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon old bay
- 1/4 cup mire poix
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- cook for 30 minutes, then strain
- Prepare Seafood Broth as directed and bring to a simmer
- As broth simmers cook the potatoes al dente, approximately 15 minutes
- Add the corn and simmer for 4-5 minutes
- Remove potatoes and corn add the crab, scallops, shrimp, mussels, cook until tender approximately 5 minutes
- Return the corn and potatoes to the pot
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and thyme- serve and enjoy!