(WJBK) - St. Nicholas Day, or better known as "the feast day of St. Nicholas", is Tuesday, December 6. Cafe Muse in Royal Oak celebrating the day with a modernized version of the traditional St. Nicholas dinner.
The restaurant's special event will be a 5-6 course cocktail/wine dinner pairing. Reservations are required, and the cost is $65 plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call (248) 544-4749.
VIDEO: Chef Greg Reyner joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the restaurant and their menu. Course four includes brased game hen, and you can find his recipe below.
For more information on Cafe Muse, visit www.cafemuseroyaloak.com.
Cafe Muse's Braised Game Hens with Bacon Lardons,San Marzano Tomatoes, and Onions
- 4 Game Hens, thawed and cleaned and split in two
- 2 strips Bacon, cut into thin pieces
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot large enough to fit the hens, sauté the bacon until crisp. Strain off fat and return to the pot. Reserve the bacon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the hens and add to the pot. Brown on one side and remove.
- Add the onions and garlic, sauté until soft. Return the hens and bacon.
- Add the wine, rosemary, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Place in a 325 degree oven and cook for about 1 hour, until tender. Remove from the pot and serve.