(WJBK) - This time of year is all about food and family. Marc Pollard from Bad Brads joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to show us how to make a delicious side for the holiday. You can get his recipe for collard greens below.
To find a Bad Brads BBQ location near you, visit www.badbradsbbq.com.
BAD BRADS BBQ'S COLLARD GREENS
- 4 Large bunches of Collard Greens
- 8 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion, rough chop
- 4 T Garlic, Minced
- 2 c. Collard Stock
- 3 oz Oil
- 6 oz. Butter
- 1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 5 oz. Apple CIder Vinegar
- 4 T Salt
- 2 oz. Hot Sauce
- 4 oz. pulled Pork
- 4 oz. Black eye peas
- Using a large stock pot, add your oil and saute your onions and garlic until soft but not caramelized.
- Add your chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Leave your greens whole but cut off thick end of the stems off. Cook your collards until soft but still holding together, about 30-40 minutes.
- Pull collards out, let cool and reserve the collard/chicken stock.
- Once collards are cool, chop up into 1" pieces.
- Add the collard greens to a small stock pot and start buildng the remaining ingredients. Bring up to a boil.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking