(WJBK) - Lions fans have the chance to order chef-made tailgate-inspired dishes. You can get the food from Chef Marc Djozlijia as part of a promotion through the Uber app.
To activate the promotion, on Friday December 9 from 11am - 2pm fans can open the Uber app and enter the promo code 'FORDTOUGHDET' and request the 'TAILGATE' option. Lucky fans that connect with a driver will receive the delivery.
The food will be delivered to their home or office in a 2017 Ford Super Duty complete with tickets to Sunday's game, and an NFL Shop Gift Card.
Chef Marc Djozlijia joned us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about his food. He also shared his recipe for pork ragu, which you can find below.
PORK RAGU RECIPE
- 2 ½ lbs. Pork Shoulder
- 1 each Yellow Onion
- 2 each Garlic Cloves
- 1 each Jalapeno-Seeded and Minced
- 5 each Thyme Sprigs
- 5 each Oregano Sprigs
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 28 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes-canned
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium size pot, heat the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, place the pork in the pot and sear the pork on all sides until they are golden brown.
- Once the pork is seared, remove the pork from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, cook the onions. Once they are golden brown, add the garlic and jalapeno and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine and then add the tomatoes, fennel seed, oregano and thyme.
- Place the pork back in the pot, cover and place in a 325 degree oven. Cook the pork for 3 ½ hours until it is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove the pork from the pot and cool slightly. Shred the pork with your hands and place the pork back in the sauce mixture. Incorporate well.
- Serve the pork ragu over pappardelle pasta with a little bit of saved parmesan.
WHITE CORN CAKE RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic
- S&P TT
- 1cup shredded fontina(or any cheese)
- 2 cups pre-cooked white corn meal (such as P.A.N.(R))1/4 cup vegetable oil, or as needed
- In vitamix. Add milk ,cilantro,cumin,garlic and salt pepper and blend until smooth then pour liquid into a bowl.
- Gradually stir corn meal into MILK mixture with your fingers until mixture forms a soft, moist, malleable dough then fold in cheese
- Divide dough into 8 golf ball-size balls and pat each one into a patty about 3/8-inch thick.Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Working in batches, cook corn patties in hot oil until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer cooked arepas to a paper towel-lined plate to drain until cool enough to handle.
- 1 ½ tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Cilantro, Leaves and Stems, Chopped
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds, Cracked
- 1 each Garlic Clove, Chopped
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium saute pan, heat the 1 ½ tsp of olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin seeds to the saute pan and toast them until they begin to brown, they will start to pop. It will take approx.2 minutes
- Transfer the seeds to a paper towel to drain and let them cool completely.
- In a robot coupe, pulse the pumpkin seeds, cilantro, coriander and garlic until it is all coarsely chopped.
- Gradually add the lime juice, ¼ cup of oil and then the water.
- Blend until the mixture is completely pureed, season with salt and pepper.