(WJBK) - The second season of "Clash of the Grandmas" is currently underway on Food Network. One of the ladies featured on the show is from metro Detroit.
Genevieve Vang joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the show and her cooking. Her local restaurant, Bangkok 96, is located in Dearborn. You can watch her episode on the Food Network on Sunday, December 18 at 10 p.m.
She shared her Thai beef bourguignon recipe with us, which you can find below. For more information on her restaurant, visit www.bangkok96.com.
THAI BEEF BOURGUIGNON (2-3 servings)
- Dried Mexican Guijillo pepper - 2 oz
- Garlic powder - 2 oz
- Onion powder- 2 oz
- Paprika - 1 oz
- Sea salt - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 Tbsp
- Thai Basil powder- 1 Tbsp
- Galangal powder- 1 Tbsp
- Lemongrass powder- 1 Tbsp
- Kaffir Lime Leaf - 1 tsp
- Organic Date Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- New York Strip - 1 lb sliced medium thin cubes
- Red, yellow, orange bell peppers - 1/2 lb each, cut into thin slices
- Cherry tomatos
- Olive oil - 2 oz
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Red Wine - 4 oz
- To make the sauce, blend all of the dried ingredients in a blender. Set aside.
- Pan sear or grill the New York strip meat cubes until medium rare (5 min) or to you preference. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, then add to the pot all of the blended dried ingredients to create a paste. Stir. When there is a paste-like consistency, add the bell peppers, the coconut milk, meat. Stir again. Finally, add the wine and cherry tomatoes. Serve with brown rice or pita bread.