(WJBK) - Looking for a place nearby to take the family for Easter Brunch?
The Westin in Southfield is offering an exciting menu for the holiday.
Today on Fox 2, Westin Southfield Executive Chef Daniel Johnson prepares apple cinnamon bread pudding and Director of Outlets Doug Davis tells us what we can expect at brunch.
Chef Dan's Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
4 cups soft bread cubes (Brioche or Challah are best)
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
3 cups peeled and diced apples
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Bourbon
1 3/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 Baking dish.
2. In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. When hot, add apples and sauté for 2 minutes, or until caramelized and tender. Add cinnamon and brown sugar and cook until bubbling.
3. Remove from heat, and add bourbon. Ignite pan with stick lighter to burn off excess alcohol. When flames extinguish, add cold cream to pan along with vanilla. Stir to combine.
4. Add beaten eggs to apple mixture and stir to combine. In large bowl, combine bread cubes and apple mixture and mix well. Mix in raisins if desired. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, Press into pan to ensure the bread is fully soaked in mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and outside is crusted. The bred should bounce back when pressed.
6. Serve with cream cheese icing or maple syrup.