The BLOCK gastropub is a new restaurant in Midtown, Detroit. Its menu centers around its selection of gourmet wings from honey and watermelon barbecue, to vegan. You can learn more about the restaurant at www.theblockdet.com.
VIDEO: Executive Chef Rashad Patrick joins us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to show us a sample of their Rocking Chicken. You can find his recipe below.
1 Baked Potato
1 ear of corn on the cob (husk on)
1 6oz piece of chicken breast
Rockin Rye Sauce:
2 cups Rockin Rye soda
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Pinch of garlic powered and red pepper flakes
Place all items in a sauce pot and reduce down by half.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
1 tablespoon shredded parmesean cheese
Pinch of biased cut green onions
Pinch of chopped parsley
1. Sear Chicken skin side down until golden brown, flip and place in oven to finish
2. Place the potato in the oven to bring up to temp while grilling the corn
3. Take chicken from oven once it has reached an internal temp of 165 degrees and glaze with the Rockin' Rye Sauce and place on in the center of the plate garnished with parsley
4. Place potato in corner of plate topped with alfredo sauce bacon bits and green onions
5. Place corn in opposite corner and garnish with shredded parm