This recipe for street corn comes courtesy of the owner and the culinary consultant at Detroit Taco Company, Jeffrey Omtvedt and Tim Castaneda.
4 ears of fresh shucked corn
3-4 oz. Olice Oil
1 Tbl. Kosher Salt
4 oz. Cotija or Parmesan Cheese
16 oz. Chipotle Crema (recipe below)
1 lime, wedged
1. Lightly brush corn with Olive Oil and Salt.
2. When grill is hot, place corn directly on grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
3. Roll corn in Crema mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
5. Top with chopped Cilantro and Chili powder if extra spice is desired.
DTC CHIPOTLE CREMA
16 oz. mayonaisse
1-3 chilies from canned chipotle puree in adobo
2 oz. plain yogurt
1/2 oz. lime juice
1. Add 1 to 3 Chiles depending on heat desired.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
3. Blend well with rubber spatula.
4. Serve or refrigerate immediately.