This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Kevin Hewitt, AKA Kevin Bakin' Nuttin But Brownies. For more information, you can call him at (313) 828-2223. His brownies are sold at the Uncle Joe's Chicken Finger on 10 Mile and Evergreen, and The Jamaican Pot on 8 Mile and Hubbell.
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 sticks of butter
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of chopped walnuts
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
1. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and baking chocolate on low heat, stir occasionally.
2. In a medium bowl combine the chocolate and butter mixture to the sugar and whisp together. Let mixture cool slightly before adding eggs.
3. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Whisk in flour till combined, be sure not to over mix.
4. Fold walnuts into the batter. Evenly spread batter into pan and place pan in oven for 20 - 22 minutes or untill toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow brownies to cool before cutting and enjoy