This recipe comes courtesy of Rachel Spaccarotelli from Strada in Royal Oak, a new restaurant that offers Italian small plates. For more information, visit www.stradaroyaloak.com
12 Stalks Asparagus
4 Slices Prosciutto
**¼ Cup Tarragon Aioli (Recipe Below)
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ t Red Pepper Flakes
1. Trim ends of asparagus, about 1 inch from end.
2. Wrap 3 pieces of asparagus with 1 slice of prosciutto.
3. Heat up 1 T of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Sear bundles until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender. About 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and dip into aioli.
1 whole egg
4 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup canola, vegetable, or light olive oil oil
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped tarragon
1. Place egg, garlic, and lemon juice in the bottom of an immersion blender cup. Pour oil on top and allow to settle for 15 seconds. Place head of immersion blender at bottom of cup and switch it on. As aioli forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the immersion blender until all oil is emulsified. (For food processor instructions, see note above).
2. Transfer aioli to a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add chopped tarragon. Stirring to combine.