Super Bowl 50 is drawing near, and the Fox 2 Cooking School is helping you get ready with some savory appetizers to kick your tailgate off. Chef Marc Pollard of Bad Brad's BBQ shows you how to prepare Chorizo Cheese Dip.
Chef Pollard will be participating in Macy's Tasty Tailgate Event at the Somerset Collection. While there, enjoy samples and learn some tricks of the trade to impress your guests this season! The event takes place January 30th at 2pm.
Chorizo Cheese Dip
- 4 oz. Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Cubanello, small dice
- ½ Red Pepper, Small Dice
- ¼ Red Onion
- ¼ Jalapeno (seeds removed) minced
- 1 t Garlic
- 1 t Roasted Garlic
- 16 oz. Milk
- 2.5 oz. Cornstarch
- 4 oz. Mix Cheese
- 1 t. Kosher Salt
- ¼ c Hot sauce
- 1 t. Ancho Powder
- 1 t Cumin
- Sweat and caramelize sausage in hot stainless steel pot.
- Once caramelized add all your vegetables and sweat until cooked thru. Remove the vegetables and meat and cool down on a half sheet pan.
- Add your milk to the pot and bring to a simmer. Then add cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Once milk is thickened add your cheese until melted.
- Put mixture in the blender on high until smooth.
- Add your vegetable/meat mixture back to the cheese sauce. Add the rest of your ingredients to this and enjoy.