Content sponsored and provided by Andiamo
This risotto recipe comes courtesy of Jim Oppat from Andiamo. To find a location near you, visit www.andiamoitalia.com
SUMMER SANGIOVESE RISOTTO WITH FRESH GRAPES AND BABY KALE
2 oz Leeks, diced
2 oz Celery, diced
6 oz Onion, diced
1 small Shallot, minced
3 oz Butter
14 oz Arborio rice, washed
1 cup Sangiovese wine
4-5 cups Stock or broth
4 oz Parmesan cheese
8 oz Seedless Grapes, cut on bias into halves
6 oz Heirloom tomatoes, diced
8 oz Baby kale leaves, purple, Tuscan and green
As needed, Salt and pepper to taste
As needed, Parmesan cheese
2 cups Sangiovese Reduction (1 bottle reduced to 2 cups)
1. Place the butter in a thick heavy bottom pot and sweat the celery, onions, leeks and shallots until the onions are transparent.
2. Add the rice, stir it well. Cook until lightly toasted and nutty aroma is present.
3. Deglaze with the red wine.
4. Add 1/3 of the stock while stirring frequently until the stock is absorbed.
5. Add the remaining stock in two or more additions stirring frequently.
6. Cook the risotto until the rice is al-dente and most of the liquid is absorbed. The texture should be creamy.
7. Add the grapes, tomatoes and kale, cover and let steep until the items are cooked.
8. Finish the risotto with the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
9. Add the 2 cups of Sangiovese reduction just before service.