(WJBK) - Apple pies and art are back in Rochester.
The Boy Scouts will be selling apple pie at Art & Apples. They are sharing a traditional recipe that families can make with their kids.
Joining FOX 2 is Michele Eschtruth of Auburn Hills and Boy Scouts Gavin and Caleb.
Visit pccart.org/festival for more information about the festival.
Boy Scouts #125 Apple Pie for Art & Apples
DOUGH - 1 ball makes 4 crusts (freeze the extra dough for another pie, another time)
4 Cups flour
1 Tbl sugar
1 Tsp salt
12 oz Shortening
Approx 1/2 cup water mixing until just moist
Divide into 4 equals parts and chill before rolling.
5-6 cups sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 pats of Butter (to be placed on top of apples under top crust)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the filling - everything except the butter. Make sure the apples are coated with all dry items.
3. Roll one quarter of the dough, to make the bottom crust.
4. Place the bottom crust in your pie pan.
5. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
6. Add pats of butter on top of apples.
7. Roll out another quarter of pastry to fit top of pie.
8. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the dough
9. Bake the pie on a baking sheet until crust is golden, about 50 minutes.
10. Cool on rack before serving.