(WJBK) - Royal Oak's Bastone Brewery has a special menu for St. Patrick's Day. From March 13-19, you can get a variety of Irish item like Corned Beef and Cabbage; Shepherd's Pie; Dublin Bay Salmon; Chicken and Whiskey; and Pear and Apple Pie.
Executive Chef Robert Young joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the menu, and show us how to prepare their Chicken and Whiskey. You can find their recipe below.
For more information on Bastone Brewery, visit www.bastone.net.
CHICKEN AND WHISKEY
Poached chicken with ricotta tortellini, spinach and roasted red peppers smothered in a whiskey mustard sauce
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 lb poached chicken
- 1 lb tortellini (cooked)
- 4 oz spinach
- 8 oz roasted red peppers
- Generous shot of Irish whiskey
- Prepared sauce to desired consistency
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet and sauté the chicken.
2. Add the roasted red peppers and spinach.
3. Add the whiskey with caution as it will catch fire.
4. Add the tortellini.
5. Add the sauce until a desired consistency is reached.
For the sauce:
- 8 oz milk
- 4 oz chicken stock (or a chicken bouillon cube)
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz flour
- 2 oz course grain mustard
- Milk or chicken stock to thin sauce if needed
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Gradually add flour mixing until a smooth paste is created.
3. Gradually add milk, chicken stock and finally heavy cream.
4. Add mustard and mix.
5. Add milk or chicken stock to thin the sauce if needed.