Bella Piatti's sous chef Chase Alessandro joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to share a recipe with us for pasta alla umbra. You can find the recipe below.
PASTA ALLA UMBRA
Yield: 4 - 6 people
Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 8 mild sausage links (removed from casing)
- 1 small onion, fine dice
- 1 small carrot, fine dice
- 2 celery stalks, fine dice
- ½ cup white wine, dry
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- Truffle oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Red pepper flakes
- 1lb. Garganelli (or substitute penne, rigatoni, etc.)
1. Saute the vegetables in olive oil.
2. Add sausage. Cook until no longer pink, breaking it up while stirring.
3. Add wine. Simmer. Reduce by half.
4. Boil water.
5. Add butter and cream to sausage mixture.
6. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
7. Simmer. Add cheese.
8. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve some pasta water to thin the sauce if necessary.
9. Add pasta to sauce. Simmer briefly and remove from heat. Add drops of truffle oil to taste.
10. Place in bowl. Sprinkle with more cheese and parsley.