(WJBK) - It is officially October -- let the Oktoberfest celebrations begin.
Joining FOX 2 on Monday morning is the executive chef for Bastone Brewery in Royal Oak, Robert Young.
From Oct. 3-16, the brewpub will have an Oktoberfest menu that will feature a selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts along with special Oktoberfest beer, brewed specifically for Bastone patrons, and available for a limited time only.
2 6 oz pork chops
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 white onion
1 cup chicken stock
1 oz chopped dill
1 teaspoon tomato paste
2 oz sour cream
1. Mix the flour and seasoning together and lightly coat the chops.
2. Sear the pork chops in a hot pan until golden on each side.
3. Remove from pan and place in an 325° oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Add the onions to the pan and sautee until golden.
5. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half.
6. Add the tomato paste and dill.
7. Slowly add the sour cream until disired thickness.
8. Remove pork from oven and pour sauce over.