(WJBK) - This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Tony Durden from Durden's Catering. For more information on the catering, visit www.durdenscatering.com.
Butter Milk Waffle Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk
6 tablespoons salted butter melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In one large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
2. Next whisk in egg yolks, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
3. Beat remaining egg whites until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold stiff egg whites into batter.
5. Heat waffle maker, spray maker with non-stick spray and prepare waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
6. Serve warm and enjoy.
7. Garnish with Fresh Strawberries, Syrup, and Powdered Sugar.