This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Bobby Nahra from Lakeland Banquet and Event Centre. For more information, visit www.lakelandbanquets.com
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup milk
1 oz Grand Marnier
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth. Or you can just mix all the ingredients in a blender for about 10 seconds and make life easy!
2. Place in the fridge for an hour prior to preparing the crepes. Crepe batter is good for only 48 hours in the fridge.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
You can add any fruit you like to the filling, fill with whipped cream and top with nuts and a Ganache or favorite chocolate fudge topping!
1. Chocolate Ganache sauce
2. Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
3. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy