(WJBK) - Don't let their ages fool you! Emma and Robby Eimers, 10 and 13, are taking over Fox 2's Cooking School: making baked breaded chicken. But they're not your average cooks. Founders of the Eimers Foundation, they started feeding the homeless four years ago.
Chef Heather Moore of the Culinary Arts Program at Schoolcraft College is fundraising for the Eimers Foundation, by hosting an evening called "Fighting Hunger in the D." It is a food and wine tasting event on January 21, 2016 from 6-8:30 p.m. at The Great Lakes Culinary Center in Southfield. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards helping the Eimers Foundation with their goal of purchasing a food truck to help feed more homeless people of Detroit.
For more information on the event, visit: www.fightinghungerinthed.com
Baked Breaded Chicken
- 6 Pieces of Raw Chicken
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- Place chicken in a bowl or zip lock bag of buttermilk, and let sit for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the flour, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika, in a bowl or zip lock bag.
- Spread butter in the bottom of a pan until evenly coated.
- Shake off excess buttermilk off of chicken and completely coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture.
- Place chicken on buttered pan and bake for 20 minutes, turn each piece of chicken over and bake for another 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.