(WJBK) - The Detroit Red Wings and Olympia Entertainment's latest Hockeytown BrewHaHa Event Series with the Frozen Fowling Fest is coming up this weekend on Friday night from 6-10 p.m. The Red Wings and Detroit's Fowling Warehouse have once again teamed up to highlight the popular game of fowling, which originated in Detroit. Those who go can try the game of fowling - the exciting football and bowling pin game - along with enjoying a wide-range of local and regionally brewed beers and a variety of seasonal culinary offerings.
VIDEO: Learn more about the event and see a sample of some of the food that will be there from Olympia Entertainment Chef John Borso. You can find his recipe for the buffalo chicken sliders below.
Tickets are on sale now at the Joe Louis Arena box office, all Ticketmaster outlets (1-800-745-3000) or online at www.DetroitRedWings.com/BrewHaHa. For the low price of $47.50 apiece, attendees receive six beer sample vouchers and four food vouchers for small plates plus unlimited fowling. Additional food and drink tickets are available for purchase. All attendees must be 21 years of age or older.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
1 lb ground chicken
¼ cup celery, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
1 Tbsp parsley, minced
¼ cup hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
8 slider buns or 4 regular buns
For the Buffalo Ranch
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1 tsp parsley, minced
1 Tbsp hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, celery, garlic, blue cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, ¼ cup hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot), salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined. Form turkey into 8 patties for sliders or 4 patties for regular size burgers, about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
3. To make buffalo ranch, in a small bowl combine ranch dressing, 1 Tbsp hot sauce and 1 tsp parsley. Whisk together until ingredients are well combined.
4. Place burgers on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on the first side. Flip burgers and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the second side, or until cooked through.
5. If desired, brush buns lightly with cooking oil or butter and place cut side down on the grill. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes or until buns are lightly golden and toasted.
6. To serve, top burgers with a drizzle of buffalo ranch, add any desired burger toppings like lettuce/tomato/onion.