(WJBK) - A taste of Peruvian culture in the FOX 2 kitchen this morning.
Joining FOX 2 is Betty Shuell and Carmen Media from Culantro.
- 16 oz of beef tenderloin cut in cubes
- 4 oz of red onion cut thick and julienne style
- 4 oz of tomatoes cut thick and julienne style
- 1 oz on aji amarillo cut thick and julienne style
- 1 oz of green onion cut in long pieces
- 1 oz of chopped cilantro
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 4 tbs of red wine vinegar
- 1 tspn of fresh crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cumin
- 2 tbs canola oil
1. In a bowl mix the meat, salt, pepper, garlic and cumin and let sit for a few minutes.
2. Add the oil to a pan and let it heat up until hot.
3. Add meat mixture and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the onion and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add soy sauce, red wine vinegar and continue stirring for approximately 30 seconds then add tomatoes, green onions and aji amarillo for another minute.