(WJBK) - Lush Yummies Pie Company is soon opening its first ever Pop Up Pie Shop in Detroit's Rosedale Park. The company is known for selling out of their famous lemon butter pies at Eastern Market and Westborn Market each week.
The grand opening of the pop up shop is October 29 at 2 p.m. The shop will be located at 19120 Grand River in Detroit.
You can get more information about Lush Yummies Pie Company at www.lushyummiespieco.com, and get owner Jennifer Lyle's whoopie pie recipe below.
LUSH YUMMIES PIE CO.'S WHOOPIE PIE RECIPE
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, or preheat a convection oven to 315 degrees F.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, and eggs together until well combined. Add the oil and vanilla and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Add half of the dry mixture to the egg mixture and beat or stir to blend. Add 1 1/2 cups milk and beat again. Add the remaining dry mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and beat until blended.
- With a large spoon, scoop out circles of batter onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread filling onto 16 circles and place remaining circles on top, to make Whoopie Pies.