(WJBK) - This pasta recipe comes courtesy of Chef Johnny Prep from Mr. B's Pub Sports Bar in Royal Oak.
For more information on the restaurant, visit www.mrbspub.com.
1 cup broccoli florets
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 large chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into chunks
1 cup red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and sliced
1 ear corn, kernels cut off cobb (can use frozen)
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup chicken stock or bouillon
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1/2 lbs. dried pasta of your choice, cooked to al dente
salt and pepper to taste
1. Save your pasta water to blanch broccoli. Bring water to a boil. Place broccoli in rapidly boiling water and cook until tender. Remove broccoli from water and place in an ice water bath for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat a large frying pan to medium high heat. Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in pan and heat for 1 minute. Place chicken in pan and saute until nicely browned and chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove chick and set aside.
3. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to pan and add corn, red bell pepper and thyme. Cook until red peppers are soft and starting to brown, stirring occassionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add cream and stock back to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce for 1 minute over medium heat. Add chicken and broccoli to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add pasta and cheese to the pan and toss to thoroughly coat. Cook for 1 more minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.