(WJBK) - The Cheesecake Factory has a new category to their menu called "Super" Foods with dishes containing nutrient-rich, fresh, high-quality ingredients.
Menu items include the Super Antioxidant Salad, a delicious blend of salad greens, spinach, kale, avocado, broccoli, grapes, roasted pear, blueberries, onion, sunflower seeds and almonds with a lemon-blueberry vinaigrette, the "Vegan Cobb Salad" topped with grilled asparagus, green beans, roasted beets, avocado, cucumber, tomato, garbanzo beans, quinoa, almonds and sunflower seeds with a vinaigrette, and the "Avocado Toast" on grilled artisan bread topped with fresh avocado, marinated tomato, watercress, radish and red onion, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon.
VIDEO: Joseph Groves, Executive Kitchen Manager at The Cheesecake Factory at Twelve Oaks, joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to prepare a super antioxidant salad. You can find his recipe below.
Visit www.TheCheesecakeFactory.com to find a restaurant near you.
RECIPE: Super Antioxidant Salad
Super Antioxidant Salad Ingredients:
3 oz. Kale, washed and sliced thin
2 oz. Blueberries
1 fz. Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)*
2 oz. Butter Lettuce, inner portions
2 oz. Baby Lettuce Mix
2 oz. Baby Spinach, whole leaf, cleaned
2 oz. Broccoli, blanched or roasted
2 oz. Pears, fresh or grilled, cut, 1/2" to 3/4" pieces
1 oz. Red Onion, sliced thin, soaked, cut into 1" pieces
1 oz. Arugula
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
3 fz. French Mustard Vinaigrette*
1/2 ea. Avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2" pieces
2 oz. Red Seedless Grapes, cut in half
1 oz. Almonds, slivered, toasted
1Tbl. Sunflower Seeds, toasted
1. Place the sliced kale and blueberries into a mixing bowl.
2. Ladle the lemon dressing into the bowl, aggressively massage and mix the ingredients together. Make sure that all of the blueberries are smashed.
3. Add the butter lettuce leaves, baby lettuce mix, spinach, broccoli, roasted pears, red onions and arugula into the bowl.
4. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Ladle the French mustard vinaigrette into the bowl and gently toss all of the ingredients together.
5. Place equal amounts of the salad mixture into chilled serving bowls.
6. Sprinkle equal amounts of the avocado, grapes, almonds and sunflower seeds over each salad.
7. Bon Appetit!
Serves 2 individual salads
* Your favorite vinaigrette recipe may be used for this salad