(WJBK) - Mike Endres from Noodles and Company joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School ahead of National Noodle Day to share with us a noodle recipe we can make at home.
National Noodle Day is Thursday, October 6. With the purchase of any entree at Noodles and Company, you'll get a free mac and cheese and a coupon to try a limited time mac and cheese.
To find a Noodles and Company location near you, visit www.noodles.com.
1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
1 cup carrots (julienne cut)
½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
½ cup red peppers (julienne cut)
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 T fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
1 T Thai curry paste (red or green)
1 T canola oil
1 can "Lite" coconut milk (from your favorite Asian market)
1 T sweet soy sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
½ cup sweet Chile sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
1 t black sesame seeds (from your favorite Asian market)
1 lb rice noodles (from your favorite Asian market)
1. Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest & toss with oil.
2. Blanch broccoli & carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
3. Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sautéed mushrooms until lightly golden.
4. Add coconut milk and Thai curry paste.
5. Add carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, sweet Chile sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order.
6. Toss once or twice to coat all ingredients well with sauce.
7. Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds