(WJBK) - Pronto in Royal Oak has rolled out a new catering menu, and they joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about it and show us some samples.
You can get executive chef David Schrepferman's recipe for quinoa crusted chicken breast below. For more information on Pronto, visit their Facebook page.
Quinoa Crusted Chicken Breast
Yields: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
- 4 each Skinless 6 oz Breast
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Panko Rice Bread Crumbs
- 1 each Jumbo Egg
- 1/4 cup Cold Tap Water
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- dash Salt and White Pepper
- 2-3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Pan Spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spray lightly with pan spray.
- Spread Quinoa evenly over parchment and bake 15 minutes at 300 degrees, stir Quinoa and bake for an Additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside and cool.
- Combine 1 cup of toasted Quinoa and 1 cup of Panko Rice bread crumbs, set aside
- Whip together 1 egg and 1/4 cup of water set aside.
- (Dijon Mustard can be substituted for the egg mixture, dilute with a small amount of water)
- On a cutting board cut 4 chicken breast in half horizontally. Season both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Line up bowls: 1st one with rice flour, 2nd one with egg mixture, last bowl with Quinoa/Panko mixture.
- Take chicken breast and dredge in rice flour, shake off access. Dip in egg mixture. Place in Quinoa breading and coat both sides of chicken breast.
- Heat a small sauce pan with olive oil. Lightly brown both sides set aside.
- (Chicken can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days)
- Place brown chicken breast on a parchment line sheet pan and back for 10 minutes or until temperature is 165 degrees.