Motor City Casino Executive Pasty Chef Scott Hunter and Sous Chef Dione Jones prepare sabayon and a flourless chocolate cake. You can get their recipes below.
- 6 Egg Yolks (1/2 cup/120 ml)
- 6 ounces of Granulated Sugar (170 g)
- 1 ½ cups Dry White Wine (360 ml)
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a stain-less steel bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the white wine and whisk until stiff.
- Makes 6 servings
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 10 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate. (Callebaut or other quality chocolate)
- 9 ounces of butter
- 11 ounces of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of Brandied cherries
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chopped
Scald cream and pour over chopped chocolate. Stir together until smooth (no lumps), strain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chocolate in a double boiler and melt. Remove and whisk in butter, sugar, and eggs one at a time. Add 1 cup of drained and lightly chopped brandied cherries. Place mixture into a greased 10” cake pan. Bake cake in a water bath for 45 minutes, remove and let cool. Place a 10” cake circle on top of cake and flip over. Lightly tap edges of cake pan until cake releases. Leave cake inverted and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take cake and place on a turntable. Take ½ of the room temperature Ganache and spread evenly on sides and top. Place spatula in center of cake and spin out to the edges. Clean up the sides and cover with vermicelli or chocolate shavings.
- Drain 12 brandied cherries and set on a towel. Take remaining ganache and place in pastry bay with #6-star tube. Make 12 rosets on cake and place brandied cherries on each Roset. Can be served immediately or refrigerated until service.