(WJBK) - The night before Christmas is known to Italian and Italian-American families as the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Sapori Italian Restaurant in Washington Township joins us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to show us how to make a traditional fish dish.
Sapori is located at 6067 26 Mile Road in Washington Township. Click here for their website.
Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon with Zesty Champagne Cream Sauce
8 oz Salmon
1 oz champagne
½ fresh squeezed lemon
2 oz organic heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil to a medium sauté pan.
- Sear the salmon in the pan over medium heat, to give it a crispy texture. Finish it in the oven at 350 degrees. - Salmon is generally served medium which means it is cooked for about 4 minutes in the oven at this temperature.
- In a separate sauté pan, add heavy whipping cream, champagne and lemon juice and combine them until they reduce into a sauce.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning as the sauce thickens.
- Plate the salmon and top with the champagne sauce.
Recipe makes 1 serving.