(WJBK) - SASHA Farm and animal sanctuary is offering guests the opportunity to join staff and supporters on a 3 hour cruise of the Detroit River on Saturday, Sept. 15. Tickets are $100 and must be purchased by September 7.
Joining FOX 2 is Brece Clark of SASHA Farm with more on the event, as long-time volunteer Lisa Gizzi prepares tofu scramble. Gizzi owns vegan prepared meal service Food Friends, click here for more information.
1- 14oz container of Extra Firm Organic Tofu
1 Tbs organic olive oil or water to sauté veggies
½ cup diced onion
clove garlic, diced
½ cup diced bell peppers
½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
½ cup chopped broccoli
1 tsp ground turmeric
1tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1 cup fried potatoes,
½ cup sautéed soy sausage
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
2. When hot, add the mushrooms, peppers, onion, broccoli, and garlic and sauté for about 8 minutes until everything just starts to brown.
3. Add the tofu block and break it apart with a fork or potato masher until you get the desired texture.
4. Sprinkle herbs over the mixture and stir.
5. Heat through for another 5 - 8 minutes until hot. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. If adding potatoes and/or sausage, stir them at the end to heat for a few minutes.