(WJBK) - In Fox 2's Cooking School is getting ready for New Year's Eve! Scotty O'Hotty owners, Scotty and Suzi, are making some of their favorite New Year's Eve party foods: Beer Bacon Sliders and Cheesy Party Dip.
Beer-Bacon Chipotle Sliders
- 3 lbs. Hamburger meat (80/20)
- 1 bottle SOH Beer Bacon Chipotle
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 10 thin slices of pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of cooked bacon (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 TBS Season Salt
- 2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 2 TBS Onion Powder
- 1 TBS Butter (for onions)
- Mix hamburger meat dry ingredients & SOH hot sauce together in a bowl.
- Form 2oz burger patties (Makes about 25 slider patties)
- Caramelize onions in a pan; 1TBS butter, onion, pinch of salt. Cover on Med-High for 5-7 min.
- In a separate pan, fry the burger patties for 2 minutes on first side.
- Flip burgers, add onions, 1 small piece of bacon, 1 tsp of SOH Beer-Bacon Chipotle sauce & cover with 1 piece of cheese. Cook for 2 minutes.
Serve on your choice of buns (white, wheat, or pretzel).
Make it Hawaiian style by substituting grilled pineapple instead of onion.
Scotty O'Hotty's Cheesy Party Dip
- 16oz sharp Velveeta cheese
- 10.5oz (1can) Hormel chili (no beans)
- 4oz diced tomatoes or your favorite salsa
- 1 bottle of Scotty O'Hotty's Beer Bacon Chipotle or Roasted Pepper Sauce (Mild)
- 3oz of cream cheese
- 3 TBS of sour cream
- Add all ingredients except sour cream into a medium size crock pot on medium heat. Takes about 1 hour in crock pot, stir every 20 minutes. (This also can be done in the microwave with a microwave safe bowl or with stove top pan on low)
- Stir ingredients when cheese starts to melt.
- When completely melted stir in sour cream
- If you want to kick it up a notch add a splash of SOH Premium Habanero, The Ghost Sauce or Reaper de Muerte.
- Serve warm with your favorite chips, pretzel rolls, beer & enjoy!