These Super Bowl-ready dishes comes courtesy of Scott and Suzi Owens of Owens Family Foods LLC Scotty O'Hotty Hot Sauce. For more information, visit www.scottyohotty.com
Scotty Owens is also hosting Scotty O'Hotty's Hot Wing Eating Challenge on March 5 at Casey's Pub in Corktown. There is a $10 buy in and the proceeds go towards the Detroit Fireman's Benevolent Fund. For more information on the challenge, call Casey's Pub at (313) 963-2440.
Prepare boneless chicken wings:
- DRY MIX: Add 2 cups Crispy Mix brand fry mix in a 2 quart container (with lid)
- WET MIX: Add 2 cups Crispy Mix brand fry mix with 1 cup water in a separate bowl
- Preheat vegetable or canola oil in a stock pot (or deep fryer) to 375° F
- Cut boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders into bite size pieces
- Submerge the chicken pieces into the WET MIX until coated
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the DRY MIX. Make sure to do this step in small batches and to let the excess wet mix off of the chicken when transferring.
- Put the lid on the container and shake it up!
- With tongs, add the chicken pieces (1 at a time) to the fryer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes (Hint; the chicken will float when it is near done) Check for internal temp of 165°F.
In a small sauce pan combine;
- 2 parts Scotty O'Hotty Gourmet Hot Sauce
- 1 part butter or margarine
THIS EQUALS; 2 Bottles Scotty O'Hotty and 1 stick of butter
- Heat on LOW until butter is melted (stir often)
- Toss prepared wings into saucepan to coat then transfer to serving platter
- Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing and celery sticks
Scotty O'Hotty Bacon Pineapple Bombs
2 cups pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
1 lb uncooked bacon slices
1 lb light brown sugar
1 bottle Scotty O'Hotty gourmet hot sauce
- Soak toothpicks in water for 15 minutes; drain
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place pineapple in a covered container (no juice)
- Add 1 bottle of Scotty O'Hotty gourmet hot sauce
- Marinate for a minimum of 1hour; drain
- Place brown sugar on a rimmed plate or dish
- Cut the 1lb bacon slices into halves
- Dredge bacon slice in the sugar on one side
- Place a pineapple on the bacon (sugar side up)
- Wrap the bacon around the pineapple
- Secure with toothpick
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- After assembly, cook for 20 min (or until bacon is crispy)