(WJBK) - Chef and author Lynn Hathorn just released a new cookbook that's full of specialized recipes for people who have kidney issues. The book includes great recipes and explains what you should and shouldn't eat. For example, potassium and phosphorus are the enemy for these kidney patients.
Lynn joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about her recipes, and to share with us her recipe for stuffed chicken breast. You can get her recipe below.
For more information on Lynn and her recipes, visit www.atasteoflynns.com.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- 4 large chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 can chicken gravy light (16 ounces)
- 2 boxes stuffing (12 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (low fat)
- 1 small can of cranberry sauce (optional, 6 ounces)
- 1 meat mallet
- 1 box toothpicks
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 roll saran wrap
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse chicken. Place one chicken breast at a time on the saran wrap for preparation before baking. Cover the chicken with the rest of the wrap and pound out flat with the mallet. Avoid pounding the chicken breast so that they get too thin. Cook stuffing according to instructions on package.
- Place a layer of the sauteed spinach then a layer of the cooked stuffing, then cheese on the upper half of each chicken breast. Roll lower half of each chicken breast into baking pan. Stick a toothpick into chicken roll. Repeat each piece with the same procedure. Season the stuffed chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic pepper.
- Pour chicken gravy on top of the chicken. Put into oven for 30 to 40 minutes. top off with cranberry sauce. Yum!