(WJBK) - The newest food truck in town, The Nosh Pit, focus on top-notch vegetarian cuisine.
Owners Karen and Eric Schultz joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about their recipes. They also shared their vegan sloppy joe sandwich recipe with us, The Denise, which you can get below.
For more information on where you can find the food truck, visit their Facebook Page.
Lentils, dry 1#
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste
Olive oil To taste
Vegetable oil 4t
Onion, diced 1m
Garlic, minced 8 cloves
Red bell pepper, diced 1l
Red beans, drained and rinsed 1 14oz can
Tomato sauce 1 14oz can
Tomato paste 2t
Red wine vinegar 1t
Mustard powder 1t
Black pepper 1t
Better made krinkle cut chips 1 bag
1. Rinse and drain lentils. Put in a pot, cover with water, cover pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. When boiling, reduce heat to low and cook until done but not mushy, 15-20 minutes. Drain.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and oil.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and bell pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Assemble ingredients in order bread, sloppy joe, chips, bread.
Yield: 8 sandwiches