(WJBK) - For a taste of China right here in Detroit, look no further than The Peterboro. The restaurant is located in Detroit's historic Chinatown and serves up contemporary American-Chinese cuisine.
Brion Wong and Amas Muhammad joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the restaurant and show us a sample of their food and cocktails. You can get their recipes below.
For more information on the restaurant, visit www.thepeterboro.com.
OIL FLASHED STEAMED SALMON
1 pc fresh salmon, 5 oz
.5 oz fresh ginger, peeled and finely julienned
1 spring onion, finely julienned
1 bottle store bought black bean and garlic sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 oz canola blended oil
1 oz micro cilantro leaves
1. Using a sharp knife, remove skin from salmon and discard.
2. Place salmon filet in a steam-proof bowl. Top with 1 tsp of black bean sauce, ginger julienne, and scallion julienne.
3. Cook salmon in hot steamer for 5 minutes on high heat.
3. While salmon is steaming, heat canola blended oil in a non-reactive pan to the smoking point.
4. After 5 minutes, carefully remove salmon from steamer. Pour soy sauce into the bowl. Gently pour smoking oil over the top of the salmon and garnish with micro cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
-1.5oz Opihr gin
-.05oz maraschino liquor
-.25 lime juice
-Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin.
-Add ice, shake and strain into a coupe glass.