(WJBK) - Detroit teachers are getting ready to welcome 47,000 students this year as summer comes to a close.
Joining FOX 2 is the president of the Detroit Federation of Teachers Ivy Bailey, as well as vice president Terrence Martin and teacher Yolanda King
They discuss a number of changes this year, as well as Steps for Student School Year Success:
- Develop line of communication with your student's teacher
- See to it that the student gets ample sleep each weeknight
- Make sure that student eats breakfast, either at home or school
- Review with your student his or her homework each evening
- Make sure your student reads 20 minutes each evening