Easter Sunday is a time to celebrate with family and friends that can be made more memorable with the right meal.
Chef Kelli Lewton, owner and executive chef for 2 Unique Caterers & Event Planners, and colleague Chef Rece visited Fox2 Saturday morning and shared some of their favorite Easter recipes for dinner and dessert.
Spring Fling Pork Loin
- 1 Whole Pork Loin
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ medium Spanish onion diced small
- ¼ cup julienne apricots
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 lb. bulk mild pork sausage
- ½ cup & 2 Tablespoons panko style cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1&1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 leaves blanched green kale
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest, fresh herbs;
- 1 Tbspthyme rosemary and parsley (or herbs of your choice)
Roasted Carrots with Orange Marmalade
- 2 lbs. rainbow baby carrots (or orange is fine too) feel free to slice or cut longer carrots in strips should you not find baby carrots
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 1/3 cup orange or tangerine marmalade (homemade or purchased)
- 6 oz. crumble goat cheese
- 4 Tbsp course chopped pistachios
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 24-30 small multicolored potatoes or small Yukon's
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme, picked
- Sour cream, for topping
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Easter S'mores made with Peeps or homemade marshmallow
- Chocolate Dipped peeps
- Chocolate Bark with peeps
- Candied Popcorn with assorted Easter candies, chocolate drizzle & peeps
- Chocolate Pretzel sticks with peeps
- Crunchy popcorn bunny munch bait with peeps
- Bunny Munch Bait
- 12 c. popped popcorn (about 1/2 c. kernels)
- 2 c. pretzels rods
- 2 c. dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 c. Spring M&Ms
- 1 c Easter candy corn
- 1 lb. melted white chocolate (or chocolate coating)
- ½ cup melted dark or milk chocolate for drizzling
- Large marshmallows from whole foods market (they are usually square in shape)
- Candy sticks
- Pastel colored sprinkles (found in the baking aisle)
- Piece of floral foam or Styrofoam
- Place sticks in marshmallows to turn them into marshmallow pops.
- Dip each in water to dampen and dab lightly on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Roll each in sprinkles, covering evenly.
- Place sticks in floral foam, standing upright to dry. When dry, place in a cup for easy enjoyment or use in your Easter peep s'mores!
- 12 large graham crackers (I like the fun & fat ones Zingermans make)
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- 12 homemade peep, marshmallow (see peep recipe)
- Easter color sprinkles & décor
- Dip bottom side of graham crackers in melted white chocolate; arrange 2 marshmallows and sandwich dipped sides facing each other. Let cool in fridge or cool place until chocolate is set.
- Take peep s'more sandwich and dip on end into white chocolate and then dip in colored sugars and or sprinkles.
Check out what else Chef Kelli has to offer on her website.