Mother's Day is a great time to celebrate with loved ones and enjoy a good meal ... especially one mom doesn't have to cook.
Chef Annabel Cohen visited the new Fox2 Studios kitchen Saturday morning and shared ideas for husbands making breakfast for their wives. Here's one of her favorite and easy recipes:
- 6 large eggs
- 2-3 cups of assorted fillings, such as shredded cheese, cooked meats for finely chopped vegetables.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime (or lemon) juice, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 toasted English muffins
- 6 sliced chopped, cooked bacon
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well. Adjust salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Place toasted muffins on plates. Top with eggs. Spoon sauce over and serve sprinkled with bacon.