Fox 2 and HAP are joining together to help fight child obesity by teaching -- and showing -- kids how they can eat healthy.
In the latest "Ready, Set, Cook" segment, we explore a modern twist on an old favorite.
Kale Scrambled Eggs in Tortillas
- 1 TBSP Organic Butter
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 2 C Fresh Kale, Chopped
- 4 LG Eggs
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter and sambal oelek to the pan.
- Next add kale and let it cook until tender, or about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, and then pour into skillet with wilted kale.
- Cook egg and kale mixture until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to soften.
- Fill tortillas with egg and kale mixture, and top with optional ingredients.
Click here for more information about the program and making healthy recipes.